Friday, March 12, 2010

A Pretty Quiet Week

Well, it's been a pretty quiet week out here on the prairie. It's almost as if everything and everybody is pausing to take a deep breath before Spring really kicks in with abandon. Either that or everyone is so tense with anticipation of Spring Break next week that they're just staying quiet.

The daffodils have burst into life this week and that is a sure sign that warmer weather is on it's way.  I'm hopeful that we will see some bluebonnets on the way down to Corpus Christi this weekend.

I'm taking a week off from the grind of work and the madness of politics, though I will continue to consume my daily requirement of opinions, blogs and news, so don't be surprised if I belch forth something from the smartphone this week if I am truly incensed.

I intend to find myself a salty piece of land and dip my toes in the muddy waters of the Texas Gulf Coast.

So, adieu for now, and I'll see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment